The Oscars are tomorrow and I am in an LA frame of mind. Which reminds me of a gem of a hotel located in Santa Monica, Shutters on the Beach. It is well worth stopping off if you are LA for business and can steal away for a few days after.
What you will enjoy there
– Enormous beds and huge bathtubs to luxuriate in
– Killer strawberry daiquiris
– A glamorous yet understated pool scene
– Being on the beach (obviously), being a stones throw from the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach basketball courts
– Super shopping nearby including Kitson for gifts or a short drive on the PCH to Malibu or LA for the Country Mart or Robertson Boulevard respectively
Think Pretty Woman meets Sideways meets White Men Can’t Jump. GO!